Did you know that 75% of of people that visits your website will judge the credibility of your business based on the design of your website? With so many online scams across the web, you can’t afford for consumers to think twice about the credibility of your business. The key to converting your website visitors to customer is all about the design. Your website creates an image of who you are and what you want the world to know about you, your product or service.
The truth is, with the right presentation we can sell just about anything. The food industry wax apples to make them shiny and dye meat to make them look fresh, and its all a presentation. A waxed apple or a dye steak doesn’t make it taste any better but we are still more likely to buy it just because it looks more appealing.
There are no doubts that you have a great product or service but what does your website say about that product or service? Does your current website have that shiny waxed apple look or the dull look?
Here are 5 principles of a good website design that converts website visitors to customers.
- Give a solid introduction: Just as you would introduce yourself to someone, when a visitors reaches your website it should introduce your product/service to them. There should be no uncertainty as to what your product or services are.
- Navigating without the confusion: The menu navigation on your website should be as simple as possible. Visitors shouldn’t have to spend time trying to figure out how to get around your website.
- Don’t make visitors think: Your website should be obvious and self explanatory, leaving no question unanswered.
- Grab their attention: Websites have words and images but of course images are more eye catching than text. Use high quality images that relates to your products/services.
- Don’t be afraid to keep it simple: Its not a bad thing to have lots of white space in your website. Whit space reduces load time but it also allow visitors to better digest the information on the website. Sometimes less is more and Apple.com is an example of that.
Get a website design that includes these principles and I’m sure you will see and increase in your website’s visitor to customer conversion.